Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
1. Secure professional positions in electrical, electronic or related fields by leveraging their Electrical Engineering Technology skills and knowledge.
2. Receive positive recognition and reward for the productive application of their skills and knowledge.
3. Attain greater professional competence applying principles of continuous learning.
4. Gain personal satisfaction through the exercise of competent, ethical and socially responsible professional practice.
Electrical Engineering Technology graduates will demonstrate:
1. An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the discipline to engineering technology activities.
2. An ability to select and apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
3. An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
4. An ability to design systems, components, or processes appropriate for engineering technology problems and consistent with program educational objectives.
5. An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
6. An ability to identify, analyze, and solve engineering technology problems.
7. An ability to communicate effectively regarding engineering technology activities.
8. An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
9. An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
10. A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
11. A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.