Industrial Engineering Education Objectives and Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
INENEO1. Our alumni, within 3 to 5 years of graduation, are employed as engineers or hold leadership positions in design, manufacturing, consulting, construction, or service industries/organizations and or engaged in advanced study in engineering or business schools.
INENEO2. Our alumni, within 3 to 5 years of graduation, are making systems improvement decisions for their organizations.
Industrial Engineering Student Outcomes
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
3. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
4. An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
5. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
6. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
7. An ability to communicate effectively.
8. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environment, and societal context.
9. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
10. A knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.