Celebrate Homecoming at Tech Nov. 7-9
A highlight of Louisiana Tech University’s year-long celebration of its 125th anniversary will be Homecoming 2019, Nov. 7-9, when events will be going on all over the Ruston campus.
The events below (date, time, event, and location listed for each) are scheduled, but more are being planned in each College and for organizations from spirit groups to clubs. Please check in regularly at LATechAlumni.org and LATech.edu as more events are scheduled, or call the Marbury Alumni Center at 318.255.7950.
Thursday, Nov. 7
- 5 p.m.: RustonLincoln Chamber of Commerce & Louisiana Tech Alumni Joint Anniversary Reception, Opening of Exhibit, and Auction; Prescott Memorial Library Archives, Fourth Floor; A Pleasant Walk Through Old Tech Days: Celebrating 125 years of Louisiana Tech History.
Friday, Nov. 8
- Noon: Alumni Awards, DAC.
- 5:30 p.m., Pep Rally, Railroad Park, Court.
- 5:30 p.m.: Golden Society Reception & Dinner, DAC.
- Post–Pep Rally: Movie Night, Railroad Park.
Saturday, Nov. 9
- 8:30-10:30 a.m.: Breakfast with Champ, Lambright.
- 9 a.m.: Class of ’69 Breakfast, Marbury Alumni Center (MAC).
- 11 a.m.: Bulldog Village Opens, College and Group Tailgates.
- 11:30 a.m.: Loyal Blue March and Homecoming Parade, from Band Building to Joe Aillet Stadium; Homecoming Court with Alumnus of the Year and Young Alumni of the Year as Co-Marshals.
- Noon: Alumni Association and LTAC Tailgate, Argent Pavilion; Homecoming Court and Distinguished Alumni are introduced.
- 1 p.m.: Walk of Pride, Argent Pavilion; Football Team walks through Bulldog Village.
- 3 p.m.: Kickoff against North Texas at The Joe; Distinguished Alumni to be recognized on the field during second quarter timeout.
- Halftime: Presentation of the Court at The Joe