Construction Engineering Technology
Construction Engineering Technology is a great discipline for individuals who want to solve practical problems and help create the infrastructure of the future. Construction engineering technologists manage and supervise the conversion of engineering and architectural plans from ideas to reality. A successful construction engineering technologist understands infrastructure life cycles, solves technical challenges, has a strong grasp of math and science, and communicates creative solutions to teams.
The Louisiana Tech Construction Engineering Technology curriculum provides students with a background in math, science, engineering, construction and business to prepare graduates for leadership positions in the construction industry. The program prepares our graduates for the responsibility of managing and supervising activities related to converting the plans and specifications prepared by engineers and architects into finished facilities. With increasing demand for economical service and continuous quality improvement, the construction industry continues to improve its technology as well as its management efficiency in that field of construction most closely aligned with engineering, with a particular emphasis on highway, heavy, and underground construction.
Construction Engineering Technologists
- Learn techniques to administer and evaluate construction contracts, documents, and codes through hands-on application
- Estimate costs and quantities and evaluate materials for construction projects
- Master measuring methods, hardware and software that are appropriate for field, laboratory and office processes related to construction
- Apply fundamental computational methods and elementary analytical techniques in sub-disciplines related to construction engineering
- Produce and use design, construction and operations documents
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction and maintenance of systems associated with construction engineering
- Select appropriate construction materials and practices
- Apply appropriate principles of construction management, law and ethics
- Perform standard analysis and design in at least one sub-discipline related toconstruction engineering