COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & SCIENCE
From foundations in the basic sciences of mathematics, physics, and chemistry, students in the Louisiana Tech Electrical Engineering program progress through the engineering sciences to emphasize mechanics, thermodynamics, and electrical theory in the analysis, synthesis, design, and operation of engineering devices and systems. Students get experience in a coordinated laboratory program utilizing modern equipment and facilities that supplement classroom instruction, stimulate creativity and further professional competence. A variety of courses provide a diverse humanistic and cultural background to ensure both the recognition and fulfillment of the engineer’s responsibilities as a citizen.
- Aerospace engineer
- Architectural firms
- Broadcast engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Design engineer
- Electrical component manufacturing
- IT consultant
- Manufacturer of navigation controls, medical equipment, measurement devices
- Power generation, distribution, and transmission
- Scientific research and development
For a list of prerequisites and required courses, select the curriculum sheet below.