Students of Cyber Engineering at Louisiana Tech may have numerous research opportunities based on their interests. Most of these researches opportunities are focused on high-dimensional data mining, pattern classification, information fusion, sensors and sensor networks, intelligent, and neural networks.
Louisiana Tech has received Over $20 million Cyber Grants since 2007.
Some active Cyber Security research areas:
- Keystroke dynamics, User identification
- Detecting Botnet Traffic, hierarchical immunological model
- Self-healing and self-configuring cluster systems
- Software detection predictors
- Genetically evolved intelligent agents for cyber security
- Multi-level intrusion detection, sensor fusion
- Micro-aerial vehicles for sensing and localization of e-m source
- Moving target and underground structure recognition
- Automatic target recognition and sensor fusion
- Social network cybernetics
- Digital forensics and control system security
- Robust sensor/data fusion
- Information assurance